Monday, November 16, 2009

WIP: February Lady in Turquoise Heather Cascade 220 Superwash

The pattern recommends size 8 needles. I dropped down to size 7 after doing a gauge when I started this sweater back in June. I still didn't like how loose the knitting was coming out and when I checked my gauge it was still too big, even on size 7's! So Friday night, I frogged it and dropped down to a size 6. The pattern recommends 4.5 stitches per inch and I'm at 5. I really like how this is coming out now with a nice tight texture.

I am nearly done with my increases! I am not totally sure if I am going to keep this sweater or give it to my mom. I like the pattern a lot but I'm not sure about the color. This yarn was originally for the Pin Up Girl sweater from Stitch and Bitch Nation but I got really bored making that sweater and decided to do something else with the yarn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment