Sunday, December 6, 2009

Making soap for the holidays!

I ordered my supplies from Ponte Vedra Soap . They have all natural pre-mixed bases for a variety of cosmetics including glycerin soaps and lip balm. They also sell additional items to mix into these including colors, scents, and flavors (for the lip balm).



Soaps!, originally uploaded by Auggy D'Auggy.

I am using 3 of their melt and pour glycerin soap base - Crystal Clear, Goat Milk, and Shaving. I am also using their Fragrance Oils but I think next time I will look into using essential oils. The synthetics smell great and are the right price, but the essential oils just give the final product a certain depth.


For the lip balm, I bought their kit and a few extra flavor oils. Note that their kit does not come with vitamin E oil. Vitamin E is used as a preservative to keep your lip balm from going rancid. Most drug stores carry it, so it's no biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment